Gaga Yard | Lady Gaga Forum

Create an account

Poll: Do you have any Lady Gaga tattoo on you?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Lady Gaga's Tattoos Directory Thread
Welcome to
Lady Gaga's Tattoos Directory Thread
Paws Up

Prelude
Curious why all of Lady Gaga's tattoos (actually, all of her body tattoos) are inked only on the left side of her body? It's because Gaga is a self-professed daddy’s girl and she is honoring her dad’s request to keep one side of her body “slightly normal.” Because of this, Gaga only has tattoos on the left side of her body; the right side is completely clean. Gaga actually refers to the left side of her body as her “Iggy Pop side” and the right side of her body as her “Marilyn Monroe side.”

Note: Every rule has an exception, the Trumpet Tattoo is actually inked on Mother Monster's right side of the body!

“The Haus,” which refers to “Haus of Gaga,” is the name Lady Gaga uses to describe her behind-the-scenes creative team. According to Gaga, the German name is inspired by Andy Warhol’s Factory and is also a play on the word “House,” used by famous fashion brands. The Haus works on various projects for Lady Gaga, including stage sets, clothing, props, and sounds for her live performances.

Lady Gaga's Tattoo Counter
[ 17 ]

List :
(click the picture / title to read all about the tattoo)

[Image: 4aXoXlK.jpg]

[Image: mgSVZQa.jpg]

[Image: ir7KlzM.jpg]

[Image: fJ5WmxM.jpg]

[Image: COE3BBh.jpg]

[Image: WaVDkWo.jpg]

[Image: RcfFXSS.jpg]

[Image: F96nTO5.jpg]

[Image: 44jtNVZ.jpg]

[Image: iKpDQGb.jpg]

[Image: zCp4NMK.jpg]

[Image: WX5Nir6.jpg]

[Image: 6TVmHfm.jpg]

[Image: 154I9RI.jpg]

[Image: AaU9VaP.jpg]

[Image: p3cKGnl.jpg]
Gaga Yard is like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Tongue
Find

Lady Gaga’s Treble Clef Tattoo on Her Lower Back

[Image: sCTZjrC.jpg]

Although Lady Gaga’s peace tattoo on her wrist is the piece of body art that fans are probably most familiar with, the tribute to John Lennon wasn’t the singer’s first tat. At 17, Lady Gaga used a fake ID to get some ink on her back without her parents knowing. Later on, she decided it wasn’t something she wanted to keep, and she has since had it covered up with her rose back tattoo. Do you know what the first tattoo was that Lady Gaga ever got? Read on to find out!

Lady Gaga is most well-known for her outrageous costumes, her exhibitionist personality, and her growing collection of body tattoos. The singer has a number of tattoos all over her body, which fans can easily see thanks to her affinity for revealing costumes. However, even some of Gaga’s biggest fans are unaware of the fact that the pop queen’s first tattoo wasn’t the peace sign she sports on her left wrist in honor of John Lennon. In 2003, at age 17, Lady Gaga got her hands on a fake ID and had a small black treble clef inked in the middle of her lower back. Five years later, Lady Gaga decided the treble clef tattoo wasn’t something she wanted to keep, and had it covered up with her rose tattoo, inked by the one and only Kat Von D.

Meaning of Gaga’s Treble Clef Tat

Why did she get the treble clef and then cover it up? Well, it’s not difficult to decipher the meaning of the singer’s first tat when you consider how passionately she has devoted herself to music in the past few years. For the majority of her life actually. Back when Lady Gaga was more like a Baby Gaga, she used to go around singing into her little plastic tape recorder, keeping tune to music greats like Michael Jackson and Cyndi Lauper. She has also named David Bowie, Madonna and Queen as big influences in her life and music career. So why did Lady Gaga decide to cover up a tattoo that represented one of the most important parts of her life? She has somehow managed to keep the reason for her tattoo cover-up under wraps, but we think she wanted to complete the transformation from Stefani Germanotta to Lady Gaga.

The Story Behind Gaga’s Tattoo Cover Up
[Image: GtXmheA.jpg]
When Lady Gaga was 17 and still known by her given name, Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, she got her first tattoo with a fake ID – a treble clef. In 2008, when she decided to cover it up with a rose tattoo inked by celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D, the two discussed the singer’s tats and her future in the music biz. In reference to Gaga’s very Italian New York family, Kat asked, “They like your tattoos?” Gaga’s reply: “When I got the first one [the treble clef tattoo] they had a heart attack.” She continued, “Then I had a heart attack because I felt bad for not telling them I was going to do it. We’re really close.”

Lady Gaga’s Rise to the Top

[Image: 18TnYJh.jpg]
When the superstar that the world now knows as Lady Gaga was just a little girl, the precocious child would dance around the table at fancy restaurants using bread sticks as batons. Based on the fact that Gaga also used to innocently greet new babysitters at the door in her birthday suit, it’s not difficult to imagine how she became the exhibitionist, singer/songwriter with a flair for dramatic theatrics that she is today. Lady Gaga’s back tattoo featuring the treble clef was a tribute to her love for music, but now she lives that passion every day; she doesn’t need a tattoo to remember how much it means to her. Before Lady Gaga really made it big, there was fear about her being too “racy,” “dance-oriented,” and “underground” for the mainstream media. What did Lady Gaga have to say about that? “My name is Lady Gaga, I’ve been on the music scene for years, and I’m telling you, this is what’s next.”

[Image: srEr5Qc.jpg]
Find

Lady Gaga’s Peace Sign Wrist Tattoo

[Image: QAqu9FR.jpg]

The tattoo that Lady Gaga fans are probably most familiar with is the small peace sign she has inked on her wrist. In 2006, Lady Gaga visited Shotsie’s Tattoo shop in Wayne, NJ to get the peace sign tattooed on her wrist – the first of several arm tattoos – and the artists were shocked to find her release form in their files nearly four years later. The artists at Shotsie’s are more the rocker type, and for a while failed to recognize Gaga as a former client, even as she climbed the charts in recent years with one smash hit after another. Although Lady Gaga wasn’t the wildly successful superstar back then that she is today, she was still extremely confident and determined to rise to the top of the pop star strata. According to Shotsie’s owner, Gary Walsh, “She told me I should remember her, but I tattoo thousands of people who say the same thing.”

We know that Lady Gaga has a certain affinity for tattoos, but why a peace sign? According to Gaga herself, she is a huge Beatles and John Lennon fan, even though she was born after Lennon was killed. She actually grew up two blocks from the Imagine memorial in Central Park and one block away from where Lennon was assassinated. Because John Lennon was an advocate of peace, Lady Gaga’s peace tattoo is in memory of the music legend and his admirable vision. “I wanted it to be a reminder to me that even though I always write fun music about fame and money, I make sure I always keep in mind the important things.” Lady Gaga is also an active supporter of LGBT rights, and has stated that she feels “a moral obligation as a woman, or a man, to exercise [her] revolutionary rights and make the world a better place,” in reference to her beliefs about equality. As Lady Gaga says, with both her powerful voice and her peace sign tat, “Give peace a chance.”

The Story Behind Lady Gaga’s Wrist Tat

[Image: ym3dypf.jpg]

Lady Gaga got her peace sign tattoo during a study break from the recording studio in Parsippany where she was working with producer and former boyfriend, Rob Fusari. In fact, Shotsie’s owner Gary Walsh had previously inked boxing gloves on Fusari’s arm in memory of his prize-fighting father. When Fusari returned to Shotsie’s with Gaga for her peace tattoo, he took Walsh aside and said, “You should really remember this because she is going to be a big star.” Walsh also divulged that the wrist is one of the most painful places to get a tattoo, and some people even ask him to shut the door in case they cry. Not Lady Gaga though, who was a dark-haired college girl at the time. “She did fine,” says Walsh. “She was saying she was going to get famous endlessly through the tattoo.”

Lady Gaga on Becoming a Star

[Image: SKX78Ek.jpg]

And what did Walsh have to say about Gaga’s decision to get the peace sign inked in what is essentially an upside-down position? “Everybody who wants the tattoo upside-down, I always warn them,” he said. “I give them one shot, ‘it’s upside-down, you’re gonna regret it.’” But Lady Gaga was determined to have her way – and so the superstar we know and love was born. The Manhattan native signed the form with her given name, Stefani Germanotta, but she also wrote “Gaga” at the bottom of the form along with little stars. It looks like Lady Gaga saw fame in her future even back then!

[Image: KKwPRn4.png]
Find

Lady Gaga’s Roses Tattoo on Her Lower Back / Waist

[Image: C5zY4Tj.jpg]

Lady Gaga’s third tattoo consists of a swirling mass of white roses inked on her left side and lower back. She got the tat in Hollywood in 2008 because she loves flowers and is especially passionate about white roses. But would you believe us if we told you that Lady Gaga’s hip tattoo was all a big cover-up? Read on to find out what exactly the singer wanted to hide with her rose tat and what celebrity tattoo artist inked the hip tattoo for her.

Lady Gaga’s hip tat is a particularly large piece featuring intertwining vines and roses, and is inked in simple black and white, like most of her other tattoos. The rose tattoo begins at her left hip and runs up and onto to her back, ending just above her butt. The singer’s hip tattoo was inked by celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D at L.A.’s High Voltage tattoo parlor in March 2008, before she “made it big” in the music industry. Lady Gaga apparently loves Kat’s work, and judging by the pretty rose tat, it’s not hard to see why!

The Meaning of Gaga’s Rose Tattoo

Believe it or not, the main reason Lady Gaga got the rose tat inked on her hip and back was so she could blend it into (and basically cover up) the treble clef tattoo she got with a fake ID when she was 17. We don’t blame her for deciding that the music-inspired tat wasn’t something she wanted to keep and doing something about it. Can you think of anything you did when you were 17 that you wish you could cover up? We thought so. So, Gaga showed up at High Voltage in a blonde wig and skin-tight electric blue pants and asked Kat Von D to give her some ink. Needless to say, Kat never forgot her.

The Story Behind the Singer’s Hip Tat

[Image: vrFFz29.jpg]

When asked about tattooing Lady Gaga, Kat Von D remembers quite a bit about her experience with the not-yet-famous Stefani Germanotta. “I was tattooing this rose on her hip. I’m like, ‘Why did you move out here?’ She said, ‘I moved out here to make it big,’” Kat Von D recalls. “I was like, ‘Yeah, you and everyone else’ or whatever, and she’s like, ‘No, no! I’m here to make it big!’ The next thing you know, a week later, her face is everywhere and I’m like, ‘Dude, she did it! That’s awesome!’” That “she did it” moment for Lady Gaga came with the release of her debut album, The Fame, which catapulted her into the spotlight around the globe.

[Image: RP1jJGG.jpg]

Kat, who starred in the hit series LA Ink, went into more detail about Lady Gaga’s tattoo during her Lopez Tonight appearance: “She just wanted simple black and grey…She was wearing this crazy wig and blue shiny pants. I was like ‘I like you! You’re like a cartoon character!’” Simple and grey? Lady Gaga? Who would have thought! Turns out, the singer loves white roses and daisies, and managed to incorporate these two types of flowers into a hip tat and a separate back tattoo. There have also been rumors circulating recently that Lady Gaga is planning on getting a large Virgin Mary tat on her back. If she decides to go with the Virgin Mary back tattoo, she will have to somehow tie it into her daisy and rose tattoos. Then again, she seems like someone who always finds a way!

[Image: U3iOFPG.jpg]
Find

Lady Gaga’s Flowers Tattoo on Her Shoulder

[Image: LNLf1lO.jpg]

We know quite a bit about Lady Gaga’s tats, including at which tattoo parlor they were inked, on what date, and even the meanings behind her unique ink. However, there is one tattoo that remains slightly mysterious – the daisy tat on her shoulder. We know what year she got it and that she eventually added her Tokyo Love tattoo to it, but the tattoo meaning that most people are aware of seems far too simple. Do you know what inspired Lady Gaga to get her flower back tattoo?

Lady Gaga has a flower tattoo inked on her left shoulder, just to the right of her “dad” tattoo and below her “Tokyo Love” ink. The singer’s flower tattoo was the first ink she got in that area of her body, although there are now multiple tats in that same location. The cute flower tattoo includes three white daisies with vines reaching out from the flowers and extending almost onto her shoulder. Although Lady Gaga hasn’t spoken much about her daisy tattoo in public, it is believed that the pop queen got the ink in 2008, before she was the flamboyant pop star we know and love today. Later that same year, Lady Gaga visited celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D and had her ink a rose tattoo on her hip and lower back to cover up her first-ever tattoo – a small black treble clef.

Gaga’s Back Tattoo Meaning
Lady Gaga loves white roses and daisies, which explains the reason behind the daisy tattoo on her back and the rose tattoo on her hip. Although the daisy ink was only the fourth tattoo she ever got, Lady Gaga has added many more pieces of body art to her collection since then. If you think the black and white daisy tat on Gaga’s back is just too simple for the flamboyant superstar, keep in mind that pretty much all of her tattoos are simple, if not subtle. Almost all of the Gaga’s tats are inked in black and white and, although some are pretty large, most feature relatively plain designs. If you watch Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance” video, you can see both her flower tattoo and her “Tokyo Love” tattoo, although she hadn’t gotten the heart tat on her back in honor of her father yet.

[Image: UCyVkn3.jpg]

The Funny Thing About Lady Gaga’s Back Tat
Only true Lady Gaga fans would notice, but on the pop queen’s “Born This Way” album cover, you can see that Lady Gaga’s dad tattoo has been relocated! Instead of to the left of her flower tattoo, which is where it was inked in the first place, the heart with “dad” written inside of it has been moved below her flower tat in the photo. The reason behind this seemingly random move? We may never know.
Find

Lady Gaga’s Tokyo Love Tattoo on Her Shoulder

[Image: lGXTWvR.jpg]

It’s obvious that Lady Gaga takes her fashion sense to another level, beyond the outrageous clothes and accessories that she wears, to include the unique tats she gets as well. Lady Gaga’s back tattoo, for example, features the actual handwriting of legendary Japanese photographer Nobuyoshi Araki, who was actually the inspiration for the ink. Read more to find out about the risqué circumstances surrounding the pop star’s Tokyo Love tat!

The second tattoo Lady Gaga got inked on her left shoulder features the words “Tokyo Love,” written in black capital letters. If you’re wondering why the back tat is so crudely written, it’s because the tattoo was designed after the actual handwriting of Japanese photographer Nobuyoshi Araki. Gaga’s Tokyo Love tattoo was inked in – where else – Tokyo, Japan in August 2009, prior to a pretty racy photo shoot, even by Lady Gaga’s standards. The singer let Interview Magazine follow her around Tokyo, where she got not only her Tokyo Love tat, but also her German arm tattoo, all before preparing for the magazine’s S&M-inspired photo shoot with Araki. The tat was inked just above Lady Gaga’s flower tattoo on her shoulder, which makes the text and daisies look like one complete tattoo.

The Meaning Behind Gaga’s Back Tattoo

[Image: JIlwkcz.jpg]

In reference to her Tokyo Love tattoo, Lady Gaga says, “That was to celebrate the Haus’ collaboration with legendary Japanese photographer, Araki.” She continues, “I was bound by Araki’s personal bondage artist, by several ropes and Japanese knots. Araki photographed me, using a serious of several cameras.” The S&M-inspired performance was more than just a photo shoot for Lady Gaga though. “He did not photograph my image; he photographed my soul,” she says. “I was honored to be the first American woman he’s photographed, and only the second pop artist, in the company of Björk.” So what’s the meaning behind the words in her back tat? “[Araki] painted me and took Polaroids through the night. He signed the Polaroids ‘Tokyo Love,’ and the Haus got tattoos of his marking in celebration.”

Lady Gaga’s Feelings About Her Sudden Fame

[Image: IiLIHDB.jpg]

“It’s been a life-changing year for me creatively as a musician and a performance artist,” Gaga said about The Fame catapulting her into the spotlight in 2009. “I walk away from the Fame Ball humbled by my little monsters – my fans – and proud of the Haus for all its successes amidst the adversity of the industry.” She says simply, “We killed it.” 
And 2009 also gave Lady Gaga three new tattoos to add to her collection: her Tokyo Love tattoo, dedicated to Japanese photographer Araki Nobuyoshi; the Rilke tattoo tribute to German philosopher and poet, Rainer Maria Rilke; and the “dad” heart tattoo she got in honor of her beloved father. Lady Gaga sure has dedicated a lot of space on her body to other people! All in all, Gaga’s tattoo tour of Tokyo proved that her life offstage is as “wildly insane as her life onstage.”
Find

Lady Gaga’s Rilke Arm Tattoo in German

[Image: iPxtbed.jpg]

One of Lady Gaga’s most visible arm tattoos features a quote from “Letters to a Young Poet,” written by Rainer Maria Rilke, along with the date 12/18/1974. Rilke is a German poet and is reportedly Gaga’s favorite philosopher, which explains the singer’s tattoo tribute to the writer. The German arm tattoo is pretty large, reaching from her elbow almost to her armpit on the inside bicep area of her left arm.

Lady Gaga’s arm tattoo is designed in a curling script, and, although there is much speculation about what 12/18/1974 could mean, it is actually the date that Gaga’s aunt, Joanne Germano, died of lupus. Even though Joanne died before she was born, Lady Gaga says she has always felt a strong connection with her aunt, who she calls an artist. While in Seoul in 2009, Gaga showed friends her arm tat, which she had inked in a midnight session at a Japanese tattoo parlor in Osaka, where she toured before arriving in Seoul.

Lady Gaga’s Rilke Tattoo Meaning

Referring to the inspiration behind her large arm tat, Lady Gaga says that Rilke’s “philosophy of solitude” spoke to her. She believes that solitude is “something you marry, as an artist. When you are an artist, your solitude is a lonely place that you embrace.” The singer’s Rilke tattoo was inked in Osaka, Japan on August 6, 2009 and reads in German:

Prüfen Sie, ob er in der tiefsten Stelle Ihres

Herzens seine Wurzeln ausstreckt, gestehen

Sie sich ein, ob Sie sterben müßten, wenn es Ihnen

versagt würde zu schreiben. Muss ich schreiben?

The tattoo translates into the following in English:

In the deepest hour of the night,

Confess to yourself that you would die if you were forbidden to write.

And look deep into your heart where it spreads its roots, the answer,

and ask yourself, must I write?

[Image: 6YbxDXl.jpg]

It’s obvious that Gaga is inspired by Rilke’s work, so much so that she had some of it inked on her body permanently. Some people say that much of Lady Gaga’s work is inspired by the German poet and philosopher, citing Rilke’s “Sonnets to Orpheus” as an example. Gaga and Rilke seem to have very similar philosophies, and, although they have done very different things with them, they have both come to the conclusion that “Gesang ist Dasein,” or “Voice/Song is Being.” In fact, Rilke’s “Sonnets” invoke “Ruhm,” or fame, which he calls the primary objective of the classical poet. And what does Gaga constantly refer to? The fame: “that self-love, that inner-confidence.”

The Story Behind Lady Gaga’s German Ink

[Image: KicUKgZ.jpg]

Lady Gaga may be forever changing her costumes and look, but the 28-year-old superstar says two things are permanent: her bow tie hairdo and her tattoos. When asked about her inner arm tat, the singer says, “That one commemorates my favorite writer, Rainer Maria Rilke, a poet and romantic philosopher.” The inspiring Rilke quote that Lady Gaga has inked on her left arm speaks of coming to a crossroads in life, where you must choose between two things that you love. It doesn’t mean that you will stop breathing if you don’t do what you dream of doing, but a little part of yourself does get packed up and forgotten. Lady Gaga, however, may pin a more literal meaning to the quote in this arm tattoo, in relation to her desire to write, perform and inspire. During many of her performances, Lady Gaga collapses on the stage and claims that she’s like Tinkerbell: the audience must applaud to make her live.

[Image: TvGHYq9.jpg]
Find

Lady Gaga’s “Dad” Heart Tattoo on Her Shoulder

[Image: orj7QF7.jpg]

Lady Gaga, the self-professed daddy’s girl has given her dad something else to be proud of – a back tattoo in his honor! Gaga’s tattoo tribute to her dad was inked after her beloved father underwent emergency heart surgery in 2009 to save his life. He actually almost didn’t get the surgery, until something Lady Gaga said changed his mind. Read more and find out exactly how persuasive the pop star can be!

Lady Gaga’s seventh tattoo is a small black heart outline inked on her left shoulder with a banner that reads simply “dad.” The back tattoo is located just to the left of Lady Gaga’s flower tattoo, which is accompanied by the text “Tokyo Love.” The singer’s dad tat was inked in October 2009, and the tattoo session was recorded for the “Tattoo Film” shown at the Monster Ball: Theater in 2009-2010. Gaga’s tattoo honoring her father was inked after the superstar took two weeks off to care for him following emergency surgery, during which he had a valve replaced in his heart. “I’m gonna get a tattoo for him this week; I’m gonna get a heart that says, ‘dad’ in it,” Lady Gaga reportedly said.

The Meaning Behind the “Dad” Tat

Lady Gaga admits that she is 100% a daddy’s girl at heart, which is why she so readily agreed to her dad’s request that she keep the right half of her body tattoo-free. The pop queen obviously loves tattoos, but her dad, Joseph Germanotta, asked her to promise that she wouldn’t ink her body up with any more tattoos. In true Lady Gaga style, she met him halfway. “He asked that I remain, on one side, slightly normal. So I only have tattoos on my left side. I think he sees this as my Marilyn Monroe side, and he sees [my left side] as my Iggy Pop side.”

[Image: x5MK5Vf.jpg]

Wondering why Gaga chose the left side in particular to fulfill her dad’s request? Gaga says, “I’m also a leftie. It’s really my father – when I was a kid he tried to change my hands, and the doctor was like, ‘She was born that way, you can’t change it!’ So I think from a neurological standpoint, because I’m creatively driven by my left side, that’s why I chose it.” Hmm…born that way? Thank you doctor for a new album title! According to Gaga, her dad is also rather protective when it comes to her skimpy costumes on-stage (and in everyday life). “My father quite often is just like, ‘Can’t you just put on this,’” she said.

Back Tattoo Inspired by Gaga’s Dad

[Image: dwmY7Ey.jpg]

Lady Gaga is very close with her Italian family from New York, and when her dad had to have open-heart surgery, she told him she was going to get a tattoo in his honor. His response? “Well, you’re running out of real estate, so don’t get it too big.” Classic Daddy Gaga. Actually, when Gaga’s dad found out that he needed emergency heart surgery, he wasn’t going to go through with it at first. This upset his daughter so much that she told her dad if he died because he didn’t have the surgery, she would never love or write again. In fact, some say that this interaction was the inspiration behind the song “Speechless” off the singer’s The Fame Monster album. Needless to say, Lady Gaga’s dad got the surgery…and Lady Gaga got a tattoo!
Find

Lady Gaga’s Little Monsters Wrist Tattoo

[Image: 69XV6Xm.jpg]

In the ultimate tribute to all of her fans, whom she lovingly calls her “little monsters,” Lady Gaga got a new tattoo with the words “Little Monsters” inked right next to her Rilke arm tattoo. The pop star’s arm tattoo was inked on February 1, 2010 at the Shamrock Social Club tattoo parlor in Hollywood, and is located just to the right of Gaga’s German tattoo, near her inner elbow. Lady Gaga’s arm tattoo is neatly inked in light black script on her left arm, which adheres to her dad’s wishes to keep the right side of her body “slightly normal.” But by tattooing only the left side of her body and keeping the right side clean, doesn’t that make her kind of less…normal? Oh well, normal or not, Lady Gaga’s little monsters have got to appreciate the pop queen immortalizing them on her body, even if it’s just the left side of her body.

Shortly after she got the Little Monsters tattoo, Gaga tweeted the following message to her adoring fans: “look what I did last night. little monsters forever, on the arm that holds my mic. xx,” accompanied by a picture of her inspired ink. Gaga has also expressed her love for her fans in tweets like “we won big tonight little monsters, I am so proud to make music 4 you. I hope I continue to inspire u the way u inspire me. You’re everything,” which was posted after Gaga won two Grammy awards in 2010: Best Dance Recording for “Poker Face” and Best Dance Album for The Fame. In fact, it was the very day after her huge Grammy success that Gaga’s Little Monsters tattoo became a permanent fixture on her left arm.

Gaga Fan Tats & Monster Ball Tour

[Image: k91mSAZ.gif]

Not only has Lady Gaga inked a tribute to her little monsters on her arm, but she also named her 2009 200-date world tour The Monster Ball in their honor. And there is no shortage of fans who have returned the favor. As little monsters flock from all over the world to support their idol, it’s amazing to see all the different ways that Gaga fans have inked their bodies with tattoos of Mother Monster. However they choose to show their adoration of the queen of pop music, Gaga remains forever appreciative. As she says, “I have become a better artist because of my fans. They are a revolution. They are living proof that you don’t have to conform to anything to change the world.”

The Story Behind Gaga’s Little Monsters Tat

[Image: kSp7hiU.jpg]

Even though Lady Gaga is an uber-famous diva, that doesn’t mean she doesn’t appreciate her fans. Seriously, how many stars do you know that would go so far as to give their fans a loving pet name, nevermind actually getting a permanent tattoo of that nickname on their body? Very few. It’s true though, that Gaga’s fans have had a lot to do with her success. Just three years ago, the flamboyant star was an unknown, and now she is one of the most famous celebrities in the world. With more than 35 million Facebook friends and twenty million plus Twitter followers, Lady Gaga has found her way into the hearts of little monsters the world over. And she takes this responsibility very seriously. In fact, her Twitter bio, which is supposed to include a description of herself, includes only two words: Mother Monster.
Find

Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” Unicorn Tattoo on Her Leg

[Image: 0R7mXn4.jpg]

In honor of her third, highly-anticipated album titled Born This Way, Lady Gaga got a new tattoo inked on the outside of her left leg. And while you may be thinking “Gaga has a ton of tattoos, what’s another one?” you should know better than to assume that the singer’s leg tattoo has some sort of mundane meaning. What’s more, Gaga didn’t show off her album-inspired tat in just any old way; the unveiling of Gaga’s thigh tattoo was done – what else – Lady Gaga-style!

Lady Gaga’s leg tattoo features a white unicorn’s head with a flowing blue and purple mane and a banner wrapped around the unicorn’s horn that says “Born This Way” in capital letters. The pop star’s unicorn tattoo was inked by Bad News Becca, or Rebecca Roach, at the North Star Tattoo parlor in New York on September 7, 2010. However, it wasn’t until September 12th that Lady Gaga donned the infamous meat dress and attended the VMAs at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. Upon receiving her Video of the Year award for “Bad Romance,” Gaga let slip the name of her new album, Born This Way, as she belted out the first few lines from the title track. The next day, pics snapped of Lady Gaga showed the commemorative unicorn tat on her thigh as she walked through Los Angeles International Airport in black fishnets and not much else in the way of clothing.

Controversy Surrounding Lady Gaga’s Thigh Tattoo

[Image: sy29QOg.jpg]

Maybe you haven’t noticed, but there are some undeniable similarities between Lady Gaga’s 2011 single “Born This Way” and Madonna’s 1989 track “Express Yourself.” In reference to the queen of pop, Madonna says, “She’s a very talented artist. I certainly think she references me a lot in her work. And sometimes I think it’s amusing and flattering and well done.” Madonna also mentioned that when she heard “Born This Way” on the radio she thought to herself, “’That sounds very familiar’…it felt reductive.” And what does Gaga have to say about the supposed similarities between the two tracks? “I will look you in your eyes and tell you that I am not dumb enough or moronic enough to think that you are dumb enough or moronic enough not to see that I would have stolen a melody.” Well that clears it up…doesn’t it? Regardless of whether Lady Gaga was inspired by Madonna’s track or not, she has certainly proven her dedication to her own song and album with her thigh tattoo.

The Story Behind the Unicorn

[Image: RC8c9Lq.jpg]

So, we know that Lady Gaga’s tattoo on her thigh was inked to commemorate her third album of the same name. But why the unicorn? For a while, the public was puzzled; but now Gaga’s secret is out! According to the singer herself, the unicorn is her “favorite mythical creature;” she says she has been infatuated with unicorns since she was little and played with My Little Ponies. “I was obsessed with the idea of a creature that was born with something magical that sort of made them the misfit in the world of the stallion,” Gaga said. “The unicorn is born magical and it’s not the unicorn’s fault, and it doesn’t make it any more or less special or any less unique, but it can’t help that it was born with that magic.” Perhaps it is embracing that magic that Lady Gaga is trying via music to encourage in her fans and everyone else in the world.
Find